I was looking at my resume
Feeling real fresh
Senior User Interface Developer, Front-end developer, and User Experience Specialist with 17+ years in visual media and design. Cross-disciplinary experience in human centered design and front-end web and mobile development languages. Solid understanding of various design and interaction principles including color theory, typography, and motion design and user experience. Expert across Adobe Creative Suite and rapid prototyping software and technology. Comfortable working in diverse cross-cultural team and environments.
Washington DC, Glasgow, London, Tirania, Lagos, Abuja, Accra, Ningbo, Shanghai
User Experience User Interface Frontend Development Product Deisgn Consultant
Brand experience, and product design expert with a solid background in visual media. Deep, practical experience in user-centered design across web, graphic, motion interaction, photography and filmmaking. Worked with clients and stakeholders in Ghana, Nigeria, China, Glasgow and Washington DC, including Mo’Go, Node, Ulf Richter, University of Nottingham Ningbo, Alumess, Lead British International School, On Top Promotions, Tony Pang, and Nubian Hueman.
Selected accomplishment include
- Creating a suite of productivity apps that’s been downloaded almost 90,000 on the Google Play. Currently rolling out a version two on the Google Play and Apple App Store.
- Led the product design for a team in Accra that looked to recreate Uber and Lyft’s concept while addressing the social and cultural dynamics of the African market.
Houston, Texas Vienna, Virginia Remote
Senior User Experience Designer User Interface Designer Frontend Developer
Designed and developed web and mobile solutions for health-based adherence programs. Clients included the World Health Organization, National Institutes of Health, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, and Emory University.
- Researched, tested, and developed user experiences that addressed specific needs and brand guidelines using prototyping tools like Balsamiq, Sketch, and InVision, along with formal and informal usability studies.
- Designed and led the implementation of user interfaces consistent with branding guidelines and modern web technologies including HTML5, CSS3, Less, Sass, Bootstrap, Material Design, Drupal, Angularjs, and Ionic Framework.
- Maintained Scrum and Agile workflow from remote work environment between stakeholders in different time zones through Sprints. Leveraged related technologies including Slack, Jira, GitHub, Google Drive, and WebEx.
- Verizon Request of Proposal Designed UI and UX prototypes for internal project management platform for Verizon.
- DHS FLASH Lead the design factors of a Technical Challenge Exercise, Flexible Agile Support for the Homeland in response to a proposal from the United States Department of Homeland Security.
- Stempowerment II prototyping, designing and developing an iPhone and Android Mobile application utilizing game mechanics and social support for adolescent and young adults who have undergone Stem Cell Transplant Surgery.
- Thrive with Me Design and developed front end interface for a web based intervention developed to assist HIV+ men adhere to their medication and live a healthy lifestyle.
Five Bridges Advisors
Web Designer User Interface Developer
- Developed financial dashboards for managing portfolios and assets for top tier banking and government clients.
- Worked in an agile environment with back-end and infrastructure developers and financial analysts to capture user stories, prototype, mock up, and implement UI.
- Part of a cross disciplinary team that utilized technologies ranging from ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio, Telerik and Kendo UI.
Break Media Group
Worked remotely from China to design and build websites for creative agency based in Boston. My work included content management and e-commerce websites, branding, and corporate videos.
Internet Marketing Scotland
Designed and maintained logos and websites for various startups and real estate clients in Scotland and Northern England with an emphasis on Search Engine Optimization.
University of Glasgow
Digital Media and Information Studies Business & Management Dual Honors
Coursework included Multimedia Design & Analysis, a hybrid program between computer science and art, which explored the “why’s” of human interaction and technology, not simply the how tos.
Other courses focused on information systems, artificial intelligence, Management & Organizational Behavior, Marketing Communications, Operations & Financial Decision Management, Corporate Entrepreneurship & New Ventures, the Art of Influencing, Innovation & Participation, and a final year dissertation exploring the ecosystem and economy around digital startups.
Selected accomplishment include University brand ambassador, member of the student enterprise society, team leader in IBM Universities Challenge, Scottish Institute of Enterprise Summer Bootcamp, Organized and directed a team of my peer from different countries, different strengths and different comfort levels of English in order to complete assignments and projects.
University of Nottingham, Ningbo China
Foriegn ExchangeInternational Business and Communication
Coursework included International Business Strategy and Environment, Advertising and Marketing Communications.
Selected accomplishment include Commissioned by the university for film and advertising material and becoming student photographer of the year during my first year learning photography.